Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

A little late but oh well. We have been very busy! We had a great Thanksgiving. I don't have any pics from Thanksgiving. I can't believe we didn't take any. We celebrated on Thursday with my parents and grandma. Then my step sister and family came for desert. We had a great meal with all of my favorites! It was nice hanging out. Hayden and I arrived Wednesday night to give Joey some quiet time to get his homework done. He is finishing calculus 2 now and renewing his Flight Instructor Rating. Hmmmm wonder why we never see him.
Hayden had a great time running laps around the house. I think it is a lot easier for him to walk when there is only one surface to maneuver. Except the kitchen which is wood but far less glossed up like ours! Our friends Sara and Phil stopped over before desert because they were celebrating Thanksgiving in the neighborhood. It was nice to see them and their girls. Sara and I decided to go early morning day after Thanksgiving shopping so we planed our attack!
Friday I got up at 4:30, got ready quick, and waited for Sara to pick me up. We headed to Wal-Mart first, then Target, Toys-R-Us, back to Wal-Mart, Farm and Fleet, back to Target, Younkers, and Von Maur. We had a blast! We got some really great deals on DVD's and a few toys. I have most all of my Christmas shopping done. We aren't getting to much this year because we are going to be gone and Aunt Ingrid has plenty waiting for Hayden in Germany! I am wanting to get Hayden a kitchen. I haven't quite convinced Daddy of that. He seems to think that Hayden needs a tool bench instead.
Friday we had thanksgiving with Joey's parents. We had a great time hanging out and eating Turkey Divan. Hayden had a great time playing with Grandma and Grandpa P. He played outside, played piggies, and played in the tub when grandma gave him a bath! Grandma and Grandpa watched Hayden and we went out to meet Sara and Phil. We had a fun time but Sara and I were tired! We met up with Joey's brother and his friend.
Saturday we lounged around for a bit. I went to the mall to look around while Joey did homework and Grandma played with Hayden. Then we packed up and headed home.
Monday we got most of the Christmas decorations up and yesterday we got the tree decorated.
Sunday night I mad an advent calendar activity thing with my MOPS group. I am sooo excited about it. The ladies had some great ideas and I am excited to start this fun tradition with my family! Yesterday at mops we had a cookie exchange. It was my first ever cookie exchange and it was so much fun! I have 2 more to do in December and am looking forward to them.
Now the countdown begins to our trip! We are getting some plans made and I have started to plan out the packing thing. Not sure how we are going to do it, but I know it will all work out.

3 comments:

sarak said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend! We were so tired after shopping on Friday too! Cindy and Chad are having the debate between tool bench and kitchen too...I think Chad is winning! They have a small Fisher Price tool bench that would be perfect for Hayden. I got one for Brayden and for Jennie's little guy Tate!

Have a good week!
(you should put some of your famous Christmas cookie recipes on the recipe blog..I could add some of mine too.!:))

Sara

Gretchen said...

Oh yeah. Add some of your Christmas cookies. I only make one cookie at Christmas so I am panicking! They are typing all of the recipes up at mops and there were some good ones so I will share those when I get them.
Sorry we didn't get to hook up last week. At least we got to bump into each other.
Those tool benches were cool. But, I think we are going to go the kitchen route. Even though the benches were the right price! We are running out of room here! Perfect gift idea though!

Jennie Peakin said...

I'll add some cookies to the blog too. I wanted to suggest the Fisher Price 2 in 1 Play Kitchen. Tate has it and LOVES LOVES LOVES it! It's really educational and has several things you can do with it...also, to make the husbands happy, there is a living room on the other side of it! :) That's the only way I could convince Sean to let Tate have it! Ha. Anyway, it's by far Tate's favorite toy!