Unfortunately my Step-brother and family lost their home in the tornado on Sunday. We got the call Sunday evening that they were ok, but they lost a majority of their home. My step-sister was there with the kids and her parents. My step-brother was working covering the tornado in Parkersburg when he got the call.
Luckilly they were able to salvage a lot of their belongings in the kitchen and the kids' rooms. Their room however is completely gone, so was the barn, and all of the trees. They had so many huge trees, it is sad that they are all gone.
Monday we went up and helped. Grandma P met us at the Dunkerton exit and we sent Hayden with her.
When we got to the house I actually cried a little bit. It was so shocking to see in person. Metal wrapped around trees and metal twisted everywhere. The mess and destruction was extensive.
I was happy to hug everyone. We kept busy all day! I helped pack up the kitchen and kids rooms. The lego castles in the boys room were still standing, while their parents room down the hall is gone.
Joey spent the day helping them tear down the barn, and cutting up trees. He enjoyed driving the skid loader and tearing the barn down.
We are headed up to Waterloo for a Mother's/Father's day picnic tomorrow, and headed back out to the farm to help some more.
1 comment:
I'm so glad everyone is ok! I was wondering if you had family in that area!
Your landscaping looks good. It is so much work! We just added flowers and planted a garden but that is it for this year.
We will have to chat soon!
Sara
Post a Comment