Friday, May 8, 2009

Sick Boy

Yesterday Hayden woke up with a fever. I kept him home from PDO, and we relaxed. His fever went down with Tylenol, and he was acting normal. No other symptoms. He woke up from his nap with a fever of 102.9, but was still jumping around. He wanted to play Hi Ho Cherry O and I sat down on the floor and told him to sit down and he started to and said he couldn't because it hurt "here" pointing to his lower back. Red Flag!!! Kidneys? I called the Dr. and they got us in at 6:30.
After trying to get him to urinate in a bag with no success, they had to put a catheter in. The test results came back good. So they sent us home and said to come back if his demeanor changed over the next few days. The Dr. skipped a blood test because he said Hayden looked so good. It is just odd he has such a high fever with no other symptoms.
Today he has slowed down a bit, but has moments where he is his old self. Hopefully the fever breaks soon and we can avoid any sickness. When the Dr. was rattling off all of the things that we need to watch for and what Hayden could have if he gets words, I started to get nervous. Then again it could just be roseola, and he has had that before. Especially since he named things like blood infection and meningitis.
I did actually upload our pics, and realized I haven't uploaded any on the blog since Easter! I will get that done once Joey gets home and can take over snuggling with the little boiling hot child! :)
It looks like it is going to be a beautiful Mother's day weekend. Hopefully we will be able to spend most of it outside.

2 comments:

Missy said...

oh dear!
Good call about the kidneys though! Praying for Hayden to get better soon and avoid any additional tests!

sarak said...

Oh no Hayden!
Hopefully is "just a virus" and he will be well soon. 102 is quite high for a temp though...that would make me nervous too. You did the right thing though calling the doc and taking him in!