Thursday, September 6, 2007

Labor Day Weekend






We had my Aunt's funeral in Marshalltown on Saturday. The visitation was Friday night and we spent the night. It was a beautiful service and great to see all of the extended family. Friday after the visitation we went out to eat for authentic maxican. It was yummy. Then my cousin Dawn, her husband, and her old college roommate Maria, and I went out for a couple drinks. It was nice to reminisce about old times wen Dawn and Maria babysat my sister and me. It was also nice to reminisce with Dawn about her mom.
We had the funeral Saturday morning and then headed back home after lunch at the church.
Sunday we went to our friends cabin at Holiday lake. We had a great time! It was Hayden's first experience on a boat and with a life jacket. As soon as we got in the water Sara and I put the life jackets on Briar and Hayden and it was hilarious. They HATED the life jackets and cried and cried and cried. They we both standing in the middle of the boat staring at each other and crying. As soon as the boat took off they were both fine. I went to grab my camera to capture the momentus ocasion and discovered that I left the battery at home in the charger. Sara took some pictures so as soon as I get them I will post some. We had a great time cruising around the lake. We parked in a cove and dropped the anchor. Phil, Joey, and the girls went for a swim. Hayden loved it. It was a beautiful day. After they swam Joey went on the tube. It was sooooo funny! He had a great time and held on forever. His arms are still very sore.
After the afternoon of fun we went back to the cabin and made supper. Joey and Phil decided to try out the charcoal grill instead of the gas. The food tasted sooooo yummy on charcoal. It has been a long time since I ate grilled food on a charcoal grill.
After dinner we helped them pack up and we all headed out. Hayden was out by the time we got on the highway.
Monday I was feeling yucky! Joey and Haydn got up and I laid in bed until 9:00! When I got up I discovered Joey attempting to make french bread from scratch! We just hung out at home all day and I rested. I finally started feeling better yesterday.
We had spaghetti and Joey's french bread for dinner and it turned out great!
Monday night Johnny stopped by on his way back home on his motorcycle. He spent the night with us and left in the morning on Tuesday. Johnny and Joey went out and did some night fishing.
Yesterday we had music class. Hayden is enjoys it so much! He loves to clap and laugh through the whole class. Grandma Bev came down after that to watch Hayden so I could go to the eye doctor. I came home with contacts! I tried to put them in today but for some reason I can't get them in. I have anxiety about touching my eye! I just can't seem to do it. Hopefully if I continue trying I can get over that and get these stinking contacts in!
Hayden wouldn't lay down for his nap in the afternoon. After grandma left I tried again, but he wouldn't do it. I put him in his highchair and gave him a snack. I went in the kitchen and was talking on the phone and peeked out. He was asleep. This is a first! He rarely falls asleep anywhere besides his crib or car seat. He was even snoring.
Joey got a big chunk of his homework done, so hopefully we can get out together this weekend and enjoy the beautiful weather. I am anxiously waiting for the humidity to drop so I can get the windows open!

3 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

Seriously...Hayden is SO DARN CUTE! I love the first picture! Also, kudos to your hubby for making french bread from scratch!!! That's amazing, my husband can't barely make mac and cheese!

sarak said...

You forgot to tell me you hung out with the Blakes when we chatted the other day! Sounds like it was a blast! Was it your boat?
Good job on the bread Joey, did you add a little extra special something to it??? MMMMMM!

Gretchen said...

I realized I forgot to tell you when I was typing my blog. I think when you asked what's been going on here I forgot to tell you a lot!
It was their boat. They have a ski boat. It was fun. Ours is just for fishing.