Wednesday, March 5, 2008

But MOM I said I want my BINKY NOW!!!!

Well, we made it through the first night. It involved 2 hours of crying, 2 rounds of vomit because he was soooo mad and cried so hard he puked, a poopy diaper, 2 rounds of sheet and pj changes, and a bath.
He woke up once in the middle of the night looking for his binky, but only cried for a few minutes. I wish I could find a gradual way to get rid of it, but since he chews on it more than he sucks on it, it is messing up his teeth. Cold turkey is the best route. I did cut the tips off, but only to prevent myself from giving in and giving it to him!
I just laid him down for his nap and he cried for 15 minutes, but now he is out. Whew!
Hopefully we make it through tonight!
I feel bad for him. Getting something that you have used for 19 months taken away. I feel bad messing with his comfort items. I guess he will just need to find a new way to comfort himself. Hopefully it isn't thumb sucking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much easier than the thumb! I can't cut Claire's off (:, so am stuck with it until she can do without. Ben was a thumbsuccker too and was tough to break, so know we are in for a challenge with Claire too.

Rachel

Gretchen said...

Who says you can't cut her thumb off? :)
I think a thumb would be way harder to wean off of than the binky. With my luck he will resort to his thumb and we will really be in trouble!

sarak said...

You go girl! Super Mom!! Maybe it will be like the "crying to sleep" technique, it gets better with less and less crying each night. Then its not an issue! Be strong. You are so good!!!
:)
Chat with you this weekend maybe?? I will be home all weekend.

Sara

Missy said...

Good job guys! Becca really never sucked on hers threw the night, just wanted it to get to sleep, then it usually fell out anyway! Keep it up! ...hey...sleeping is for the birds anyway, right?