Friday, July 18, 2008

Summertime


Swimming in his Euro trunks
Hayden has seen Sesame Street 2 times and both times he has fallen asleep! He slept this day for 2 hours on the couch.


We have had a busy summer and can hardly believe that is is already mid July!!! We have been playing a lot with friends. Hayden and his friends are getting to the age where they play together, not just side by side. Hayden is getting a lot better playing "nice" with other kids. He is not hitting other kids any more. My sister and I on the other hand are occasionally blessed with a hit or scratch!
We grilled out the other night and Hayden ate his first corn on the cob. He did really well and looked so cute eating it!
Joey and I went to a party the other night at my friend Jo's from bunko. Ingrid was nice enough to watch Hayden. It was a kid friendly party, but it was relaxing not chasing ours around. We had a great time chatting with everyone and eating yummy snacks. The beverages were great also on a warm evening!
I have been unwillingly sharing my sister with my parents and her in-laws. Every time she leaves here I am not ready for her to go. She is in Fargo until Monday, and is going to come back to CR with us next Saturday until she leaves on the 1st.
We are celebrating Hayden's birthday early this year in Cedar Falls. What started as my sister wanting to eat at Chuck E. Cheese before she leaves is now a 30+ gathering for Hayden's birthday. Unfortunately our friends Matt and Stacy are not coming now (punks). I was soooo excited to have all of our "old" friends there to help celebrate! It will be a great time with Friends and family. The more the merrier I always say!!!
This weekend we are spending it at our friends cabin. We are so excited to relax and boat, swim, and eat!

3 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

So Hayden must think that Sesame Street is boring! Ha. That is too funny! Tate LOVES Elmo's World. Hayden is so darn cute! I love the pictures. :)

dawnie85 said...

What a cute quilt he has with him as he sleeps through Sesame Street! Ha!

Gretchen said...

Told you he uses that cute handmade quilt all of the time!!!!