Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Catching up
Whew, it has been a chore it seems like lately to come downstairs and use the computer to download pictures and catch up on my blog.We have been running around since my sister arived back in the states with my parents. We have celebrated Raleigh's 75th birthday with all of the family, hosted a baby shower for Ingrid, attended a Gabrielson wedding, shopped, went to the parade at Sturgis Falls, attended a family get together in Marshalltown with my mom's brothers, and shopped, shopped, shopped.Ingrid is getting a lot of things purchased here for the baby. It had been fun looking at all of the baby things again!Hayden has been having a blast with Ingrid. She certianly has keept him entertained. Which means I have been getting a lot of erands and cleaning done. She is up in CF until Thursday, and I must admit I was not ready to share her with my mom just yet!We had a great 4th of July. My parents came down and we ate with our neoghbors Nancy & Jonathan, and the new neighbors Kate and Tim. We had a wonderful meal. We had Chicken, potatoes, oriental salad, rigatoni salad, brownies, chocolate cake, strawberry rhubarb pie, and homemade ice cream. Nancy made ice cream last year also. I think we are going to make it a tradition. It was a beautiful day. Perfect temperature. We sat outside all afternoon, ate outside at nancy's and then walked to the country club to watch the fireworks. Hayden LOVED the fireworks. he commented on them throughout the whole show. He said ohhhhh, booom, uh-oh. At the end someone came up to him and asked him if he liked the fireworks. Hayden dropped the flag he was holding and started clapping and said good job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great to hear from you! Hayden is getting so big! I'll try to catch ya this week!
Sara
Post a Comment