Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I am confident

that Hayden will have a long illustrious career as a rock/mountain climber. He can scale the kitchen cabinets using one knob and the face of the cabinet and flip himself over the counter before I can catch him from across the room.

Hayden has had a busy couple of days. He has kept me on my toes and has proven to showcase some more talents. I certainly have had my patience tested over and over, and have been using my sisters pre-baby advice of counting to at least 10. In the past 2 days Hayden has:
1. emptied out the liquid laundry soap into the dryer, and all over his train table
2. climbed his dresser
3. pushed over and climbed on his ottoman to reach in his built-ins
4. climbed our dresser
5. wiped my kerasal foot creme on his face and gave it a good taste
6. climbed the kitchen cabinets and broke the knob off of our camera on top of the counter
7. attempted to climb our tall narrow dresser only to have it tip over

But on the flip side he has given me a million smooches, hugs, and laughs. But seriously today is the first day I called Joey at work and told him I didn't think I was cut out for this stay at home mom business.
I took a nap when Hayden did and am feeling a lot better.
We are going to have a busy night attaching all of the dressers to the wall, re-installing the baby gate for the kitchen, and removing all possible movable climbing objects.

3 comments:

sarak said...

Its your turn! Livy would climb on top of the kitchen table. He he he he ....now Joey has to bolt the dressers to the wall. That freaks me out that he has climbed all those. Its a really big cause of household accidents in children..not to scare you or anything! Yikes!

Jennie Peakin said...

uh oh....I hope Tate never enters that phase! That would make me nervous!

Anonymous said...

Gretchen,
I bet that 24 hour reprive looks good about now! As the mother of his father I can only wish you great patience. I remember Joey emptying the large box of Tide and then puting all his toys in it to play as if it were sand. I even took a picture. Hang in there! Bev :)