Monday, August 24, 2009

Winding down

The last few days have been perfect weather and we have been enjoying the cooler weather! We are winding down here and getting ready to get back into a routine. Hayden starts PDO Sept. 10th. He is going to go Mondays and Thursdays.

I am finally feeling a lot better! Still having some nasty headaches, but my Dr. told me to take a Calcium, Magnesium, and Zinc pill, and they have been helping a lot! I saw the Dr. last week. I am measuring right on target. We heard the baby's heartbeat again and Hayden always looks a little puzzled, but knows what he is hearing is a heartbeat. He has noticed my growing belly. I told him the other day that there was a baby in there and he said. "let me see", and tried to look in my belly button.

When people ask him if he wants a brother or sister he always answers sister. Actually everyone thinks or just assumes we are having a girl. We can find out in 3 weeks what we are having. I can't believe I will be 20 weeks already. I still am on the fence about finding out.....but I am sure I will cave and have to find out. :)

Hayden has been BUSY! He is always keeping me on my toes. He is constantly testing and pushing the limits and our buttons. He is very spirited and strong willed. I know these character traits will serve him well in the future, but right now the are wearing me out! We are hoping that god will bless us with a more compliant child with the next one. But I guess if not, I will be broken in already so what is one more strong willed child right?

Hayden had his 3 year appointment and all was well. He weighed 30 pounds and is 3ft tall. 50% for both height and weight. He peed in a cup for a urine test (which by the way he thought was so fun I often catch him since then peeing in cups around the house), got a flu mist up his nose instead of the shot, and gave some blood for a hemoglobin test. I asked for that because I always wonder how he can survive on the little amount he eats. Turns out he is healthy and I don't need to worry.

This past weekend started with no plans, but turned into a fulfilled weekend. Saturday Uncle Johnny and Aunt Darliene came down. Hayden was sooo excited to have them here. John and Joey went fishing and the rest of us went to the mall. I have not wandered around the mall forever and we had a great time looking at the stores. Then we all went out to eat Starlite! Yummy. It was a beautiful evening to sit outside.

Sunday most of the Bellows clan stopped over. Stacy had a baby shower in town. Matt and Elaina stopped over. We went out for lunch and then stopped at the park for a while.

This weekend we are headed up to Minnesota to hang out with the Bellows family. Joey and Matt have their annual Budweiser night golf tournament. Should be a fun time. Always is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, this is pretty funny! Claire is also giving us a run for our money! The other day she used 2 almost full bottles of lotion to play with--slathering the lotion all over herself, some of her Fancy Nancy stuff, and the living room carpet! Thankfully that is the carpet that will be torn out soon! Gotta love 'em! Rachel

Missy said...

can't believe your almost 20 weeks! wowy! Did you find out before hand with Hayden that he was a boy? I can't remember! I remember Xavier was 3 when I was pregnant with Becca and he would always put his ear up to my belly and say " I don't hear her!" Too cute the way they think. I love it!