It only took 3 years 1 month and 2 weeks before we had to call poison control. Last night after Hayden was put into bed I was in the kitchen and thought I heard the clicking of a childproof bottle trying to be opened. I walked into the bathroom only to find Hayden putting the lid back on my unisom bottle. When I walked in he said "these vitamins are yucky!" So with some investigation we discovered that he ate at least one because he said they were like jelly and they are soft gel tablets.
Poision control had us monitor his heart beat and breaths per minute. They called us every hour to get the results for about 4 hours.
He is fine but was in a deep sleep. We managed to rouse him...but he was MAD.
So today we are going to relocate the pills. I guess over the sink isn't child proof enough. He can climb up about anywhere....very quietly I may add.
2 comments:
OH MY GOSH! That is so scary! I'm glad he's fine. I would freak out!
I just think it's so funny how Tate and Hayden are so much alike...doing the same things at the same times. He's never eaten pills (he did eat my cough drop w/ a medicine center once), but your comment on my blog that said you thought Hayden was color blind too is just such a coincidence! Too bad Tate isn't like Hayden in the potty training category!
Jennie said it perfectly. Sooo scarey. But how cool that poison control called you back the whole time. Thank God he didn't eat more than just that one! I panicked and cried with Becca's first fever of 102, can't imagine this!
Post a Comment