Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day

We were all home today. Yes even Joey. Can't believe Rockwell closed. We had a great day staying inside all warm and cozy. Except Joey had to go out twice to snow blow. He doesn't seem to mind. He got up this morning to snowblow and had to help Nancy with her driveway. Her snowblower is smaller than ours. We got about 12 inches of snow, but Joey said it was way deeper in the back. Joey didn't even know he had the day off until he came in and I asked him what Rockwell snow policy meant. He looked shocked once I said that.
Hayden was so excited to get up and see the snow. He was jumping around like crazy yelling "There is tons of snow. It is huge." He loved watching Joey snow blow. He did not however want to go in the snow. We had some drama last night when we went to my OB appointment at 4:00pm as the snow was piling up. He hates his coat I got him. It is a puffy down warm coat that I would love...but he hates it. Hated wearing gloves...boots.....and a hat. So today I told him he could go out and wear all of that plus snow pants and he said "no thanks." My stubborn little one. He will get used to the puffy coat, boots, gloves, and hat by march when it is time to put them away.
Today we watched tv, made Reeses cup cookies, tried making my first batch of spritz cookies, colored, did a Santa cutting activity, and just relaxed.
Hayden will not have school tomorrow and I am sure Joey will have to go to work. Tomorrow we are going to make some things to decorate his bedroom door for Christmas.
We are doing advent activities this year again and we are enjoying them. So far Hayden has made his gingerbread house, paintings, candy cane reindeer, got a movie from under the tree, and went out for donuts. We have plenty more planned and are a day behind.
I am slowing down a little. I am now 32 weeks. Hard to believe it is flying by. I had to buy some old lady support slippers because if I walk around barefoot my feet hurt so bad after awhile. So now I have indoor shoes and outdoor shoes. :) I still find it shocking that people say I don't even look pregnant. Are you kidding me?!?!? Seriously?!?!?! It happens most of the time when I am in my coat. I guess black fleece masks my HUGE belly well. Sheesh people.
I confiscated the camera back from Joey and Hayden is cooperating with the picture taking thing a little more now. Hopefully I will get back on board with this blog thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear an update--I missed hearing how things are going! Hang in there! The nice thing about winter pregnancies is you can hide well under coats! I remember that with all 3 of ours! Take care! Rachel

Anonymous said...

I am taking issue with "old lady support slippers" I understand they are the ones like I have :) I guess I never thought of them that way-I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder! GMP