Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fun 4th




We had a great time at the farm for the 4th. We enjoyed great food and lots of activity. We swam, rode the gator, dirt bikes, 4 wheeler, horses, watched Faith and Noah in a parade, got massages, and fished. It was a blast!Joey had Monday and Tuesday off as well. He worked mainly on leveling the bathroom floor upstairs (nothing in this old house is level) so I can have a nice flat surface to lay some tile. Joey has to build the walls up in the bathroom and build in the shower. Then electrical. We will hire out the insulation and drywall. Maybe we will be finished by the end of the year?!?!? We are cramped but managing. Hayden and Elsie are sharing a room. We managed to get a bed, crib, and 2 dressers in his small room. Our basement is overflowing....the thing we need the most surprisingly enough is book storage. I am so excited to have tons of bookshelves in the upstairs. Oh and a new bedroom and bathroom as well. :)
Thursday we had a birthday party for Theo. Once Theo's hits every year I know that Hayden's is just around the corner. I can't believe he is going to be 4. Yikes. Tomorrow we have a baptism class for Elsie. Hayden is having his first ever hired babysitter at our house. It is long overdue and we have the perfect setup. Our neighbors from El Salvador have a daughter that is starting to babysit. She is going to help me out a couple of times a week also so I can run errands with just Elsie. I think Hayden will enjoy the break as well.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

NICE! Massages?!!!! Geez, I am jealous! And oh how I wish I had a regular person I could hire to babysit...that would be awesome. How was the oriental salad with broccoli slaw? I saw some at the store and thought if if was good, I would try it that way next time! :)

Gretchen said...

The broccoli slaw was awesome. I will be making it that way from now on.
Massages were great. There is a lady that lives just across the border in IL that comes to their house. I can get her number if you are interested. It is $20 for a 1/2 hour and $40 for a whole. It is nice. I bet you could even barter a haircut for a free massage. :)