Friday, July 2, 2010

We have a rollover!

Elsie rolled over from her back to belly yesterday to get closer to me in bed...I thought it was a fluke because I thought I was providing momentum laying next to her. She proved today that she can do it. She did it once for me and once for Hayden. She gets on her side...kicks her leg like she is starting a motorcycle.....and flips her hip. Exciting!

We have been BUSY lately. This week seemed to fly by. We played with friends....went to the zoo.....played more with friends......had sports camp....and prepared for our holiday weekend away.

Today I got caught up on laundry and started my baking marathon for our trip to De Witt this weekend. I made 2 pans of scotcharoos, a double batch of oriental salad, a double batch of Jennie's potatoes, and a buster bar dessert thingy. We are looking forward to spending a couple of days at Joey's sisters house in the country. They have plenty to keep us busy and plan to attend a parade and fireworks (praying the weather holds out)

I have zoo pics to post, but need to find the camera. I will catch up after we return Monday. Joey has Monday and Tuesday off. Hope everyone has a great 4th!!!!

4 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

You'll be about 20 minutes from us! DeWitt is super close! Too bad it's such a busy weekend or we could have gotten together. Although, it's not like you live too far anyway and since both of us stay home, we should really try to get together. They boys would have tons of fun playing I'm sure!

Yay for the first roll over!!! Those firsts are so exciting. :)

I hope you're feeling well and have a great weekend. I'm making Oriental Salad too and now that you mentioned the potatoes I may have to fit those into the menu! :)

Gretchen said...

Do you live even close to the niabi zoo? We were there Wednesday.I love that zoo.
I am trying Oriental salad this time with broccoli slaw. I will let you know how it turns out.

Missy said...

Way to go on the roll over! Sounds like a fun weekend!

sarak said...

Horray! She's cruising right along to catching up with her big brother!
Recipe for Oriental Salad would be great!