r
Ingrid and I took the kids to the state fair. It was a long ride there and back in one day but I am glad we did it. The kids LOVED seeing the animals and LOVED climbing on the tractors. We ate yummy food ( I finally braved the line and tried a pork chop on a stick). We did a LOT of walking and it was pretty warm. We pulled a wagon with the boys in it and pushed a stroller with a pretty little girl in it.
Hayden's highlight every year is seeing the sheep getting sheared. He doesn't talk about sheep shearing during the year but as soon as we walked in that is all he could talk about. Funny how he remembered from last year. He also loved cotton candy. Maybe we can make that a state fair treat.
I had to feed Elsie and some point during the day so I pulled up a chair, covered us up with a blanked and fed her. Not thinking I was making a statement or anything a older woman passed by me and smiled at me walked a few more steps past me....turned around looked me in the eye and said "good for you". Not sure where most women feed their babies at the state fair but evidently you don't see many doing it in the building next to the little hands on the farm. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment