Monday, July 16, 2007

Good News




Ummmm are you guys sure you know what you are doing?



Keeping entertained shaking the cheerios container

Hayden making music

We had a long day in Iowa City getting tests done for Hayden. He did very well. He didn't even flinch when they were giving him the IV because they had numbed his hand and they kept him very distracted. They had his favorite toy from Kindermusik there so he was very happy! Plus he didn't mind all of the attention all of the nurses were giving him. The nurses wanted us to take pictures because they said Hayden was the perfect patient!
Hayden fell asleep during the renal scan thank goodness! We were a little worried how we were going to keep him still for 45 minutes! He had a hard time laying still during the ultrasound earlier in the morning and let everyone know exactly how much he disliked laying on that table. It took a bottle, warm blanket, and me singing "You Are My Sunshine"about 20 time for his eyes to close. He woke up right when the test was ending and let everyone know he was done laying down!
Dr. Austin said that his kidneys stayed the same so we have to continue to monitor it every 6 months until he is 2 and can communicate verbally if he is in pain at all. So promising news! Preferably his left kidney would drain as fast as the other. If that was the case this post would be titled great news! But we will take good news!
This past week Joey has been very busy with homework. He had about 20 hours to do this weekend. Ingrid is back with us. She watched Hayden most of the day Sunday so I got a lot of organizing done. We hit some garage sales and consignment stores on Saturday. We had some good finds at Stuff etc. I have never been in there and I can't believe I haven't. On Saturday they were having 1/2 off the lowest price and I found Hayden some cute name brand good quality shirts for 90 cents. Stuff etc. is our new addiction!
Friday Hayden and I walked to the house of an old coworker of mine. They were having happy hour after work so it was good to see a lot of people I used to work with.
This week we have playgroup, and lots of planing and organizing for Hayden's 1st birthday coming up. It will be here before I know it! First goal is to get the invites out finally!
Have a great week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything went well for your in Iowa City! I said a prayer for both our babies that everything would go smoothly for us, and that all would be well! I'll send you an email to give our updates.

Jennie Peakin said...

I LOVE Stuff etc.- there are always great things there and I have gotten Tate a few outfits from there as well!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Gretchen. I love checking your site each day to see what Hayden and you guys are up to. We are so happy Hayden is doing well He is the cutest! Next time we come to CR we will have to check out Stuff etc. Hope you are having wonderful times with Ingrid! Talk to you soon. GMP:)