Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Healthy Boy........ Whoot Whoot!

Hayden had a healthy checkup today!!!!! The ear infection is FINALLY gone!!! Whoo hoo. In fact Dr. Nau said that Hayden's ears looked "virginal", no scaring or anything. I thought that was an odd term to use but what the heck. My baby is finally healthy.
Hayden was still holding a grudge from the last appointment. He vomited last time when the Dr. looked in his throat. I suggested we do the throat first this time since he wasn't tooo mad yet.
Hayden refused to take the sticker at the end or give Dr. Nau a high 5. Then Hayden stood on my lap with his arms crossed over his chest and stared down the Dr. Which Dr. Nau thought was extremely funny. The Dr. also pointed out that in all of his years of practicing he has never had a child do that. I wonder how many times over Hayden's childhood we are going to hear "in all my years of doing this I have never had a child do this?" Great!
He also told me not to worry at all about Hayden hitting. He also told me that we shouldn't be using time out yet because that promotes more attention. We are just supposed to walk away. He said he has a lot of kids that bite and hit and scratch worse and they aren't in juvie. He assured us we are doing a good job. Sometimes it is good to hear that we are doing a good job, and get reassurance that our little cherub isn't an overly aggressive bully!

3 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

Yup, Tate and Hayden are one in the same! Tate's ear infection is gone too! :)

Gretchen said...

Glad Tate's ears are better!
That is soooo funny. I am not kidding they are twins. Everything Tate is saying and doing Hayden is saying and doing as well! Except Hayden still doesn't like his helmet!!! :)

Anonymous said...

We should have a party!!! That is wonderful the Ear Infection of '08 is finally gone.
Hayden has quite the personality already. I love it, he is almost like a grown up.
LOVE! Auntie Darla