Last night at 10:30 I picked my family up from the airport. I am glad to have them back.
We survived the floods, and are glad to be on regular water usage. We are so sad for all of the people whose homes were flooded. It is sure a nasty thing.
Last week I was just engrossed in the flooding coverage. It was so unbelievable watching the water just rise, and rise, and rise.
On Tuesday Hayden and I headed to Cedar Falls to meet my friend Sara and her girls at the pool. We had a great time. Hayden loved splashing in the pool and walking around. He however did not like the lazy river, and we got kicked out because he refused to sit in the tube!
Then I headed over to my parents house to clean, and get groceries for them for their return home. We were greeted by my Step-Brother, power washer, and driveway full of stuff. The warehouse that they stored most of their belongings they salvaged from the tornado flooded. Unbelievable!!!! So he was washing all of the things they salvaged from the flood. So I laid Hayden down and started washing greasy, thick, black muck off of all of their belongings. What a mess. My step brother said if you get to choose between a flood or a tornado.......choose a tornado!
Thursday evening we met our friend Kari, Todd and the boys at Hog Wild days. We ate a bunch of yummy fair food and played games and watched Will and Charlie ride some rides. We had a great time. It was a beautiful evening.
Today I got my hair chopped off!!! I will have to post pics once I get the camera dusted off. It had been a long time since I took pictures.
Tomorrow we are headed up to Cedar Falls to celebrate Raleigh's 75th birthday with my step siblings. It will be awesome to be with everyone.
Sunday we are having a shower for my sister.
Looking forward to a fun family weekend!
Pics to come!!!!!!
3 comments:
So good to hear from you. I'm glad everything is going well. I began to wonder if you floated away!
Lets chat early this week...
Sara
Wow! You poor people in Iowa! This weather just stinks for you all this year.
Yeah, for everyone being home. I'm sure you will all have fun with Ingrid being there. Say hi to her from us.
So glad you are all ok! I knew your fam was coming home on Friday too, so I knew you would be busy! Have a great weekend with everyone! Can't wait to see pics of your hair!
Post a Comment