We are still 20 blocks from the rising water. We lost power this morning, and I was told we may not get it back for between 7-17 days. Right after I was told that, I heard the joyful him of our air conditioner.
Suposedly everyone that does not have power now, are not going to see it until the waters recede.
The water plant is operating at 25% capacity because of power outages.
I-380 is down to 1-2 lanes and there is rumors they will shut down completely
1,900 homes have been evacuated *3200 Homes Evacuated. 9,000 + people is the latest number*
We are getting torrential rains
The whole city is under a flash flood warning. The sewers are almost at capacity. The threat for sewers backing up are growing.
I actually called Joey at work today to ask him if his truck could float away if the water was up tp the wheel well. It is seriously backing up that much in the streets!
All of the bridges downtown are covered with water.
There are semis floating down the river near Quaker Oats.
It is a mess, but I am thankful that our home is dry (for the most part) and we are far enough away from the rising river.
As I am signing off, I can hear the rumble of thunder and more rain headed our way!
The river is supposed to crest Tomorrow at 11 am. * the river gauge has been down, so they were estimating the river level at 23ft. It was supposed to crest at 24.7. Now they fixed the river gauge, and the river is at 27, and they estimate the crest to now be 28.5. The previous record is 20.
Just a few facts for those of you checking in. I am going to shut down the power, and once things settle down again, I will update everyone and respond to your emails.
Back to moving things up high in the basement in case the sewer decided to back up!
1 comment:
Oh no! I know it's so bad there! We'll be saying our prayers for you guys!
Post a Comment