Thursday, August 7, 2008

2 Year Checkup

This week has flown by. Ingrid is back home and getting settled in. She and Andrew ahve been washing clothes and getting the baby's room set up and organized. It sure is quiet around here without her.
Tuesday Teresa came over for lunch, yesterday we played outside most of the day, and today we had Hayden's 2 year checkup. He was not so happy to be there and screamed when the nurses weighed and measured him. 26lbs. and 35". 25% for weight and 50-75% in height. He was fairly cooperative for Dr. Nau until it was time to check his ears. He hates getting his ears checked and looking at his throat. Then he got a shot and his blood taken for a lead test. He calmed down as soon as he ripped off the bandaid on his finger. He hates band aids. Then he needed me to wipe the dripping blood off after every drip. Which was constantly. He would say "mommy" and hold up his finger every time it dripped. I wonder if he will ever keep a bandaid on?
We were going to see our friends Kari and Will after but Dr. Nau told us not to because Will may have staph. Will is in the Hospital for a ingrown toenail infection that spread to his body. Ouch. Poor guy. I hope to visit without Hayden later today.
Tonight I am going to dinner to clelbrate my friend Nadine's 40th birthday. I am looking forward to a girls night out!
Tomorrow Joey leaves for Ames to spend the weekend with our friend Lomen. I know he is looking forward to a relaxing weekend.
Hayden and I are going to a baseball game tomorrow night (possibly). Saturday we are going with my friend Teresa to check out her new cabin on the Wapsi.
The weather has been absolutely beautiful, and I love being able to have the windows open. The humidity has dropped and it is going to stay in the low 80's through the weekend.

No comments: