Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Addicted!

Ok, so I must confess my new addiction! I am absolutely addicted to the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. My friend has been trying to get me to read the books. They are abut vampires and high schoolers. I told her I wasn't interested because I had no interest in reading about vampires, or high school drama. Then she reminded me that I enjoyed Harry Potter, but wasn't interested in reading about magic.
I am glad she was persistent. I am loving theses books. Let's just say I am on the 4th and last book, 700 plus pages, and have finished reading 1,000 plus pages in 6 days.
So, if you are looking for a great series to dip into, I highly recommend it.
Back to my reading!!!!!!!

3 comments:

dawnie85 said...

A lot of my 6th grade girls are reading them and sporting "Twilight" t-shirts. I will probably have to fight them for the book!
What does PDO stand for?

Gretchen said...

PDO stands for parents day out. It is a program I take Hayden to at a church. He stays for 4 hours Mondays and Thursdays.
That is exactly why I didn't want to read the books, because young girls are obsessed with them. Too bad they are probably getting a warped sense of love from the book. I bet many of them will go through life looking for their Edward, or their version of Edward love!

Jennie Peakin said...

Ummmm, ok, so where is there PDO in my town?!!!! I want PDO! That's so nice!