Monday, September 8, 2008

Back in the Swing of Things




Hayden had his first day of PDO last Thursday. He could barely wait to get down and start playing. He had a great day and no tears. Dramatic difference from last year. Today he was a little hesitant, but didn't cry when I left.

He had his final NICU evaluation last week. He meets with a NICU physician, physical therapist, and speech therapist. He was in the NICU for 2 days because his glucose was low and he needed a boost. He was the largest and "healthiest" in the NICU. They had Hayden put together a puzzle, copy lines the Dr. drew with crayons, identify pictures, sounds, body parts, and movements. He accomplished all tasks with flying colors. The Dr. said Hayden is above his age level and they didn't need to see him anymore. Then the Dr. told me they were watching him because children with low glucose levels can develop slower mentally or have issues growing up. I was surprised to hear that and so happy I missed that point, because I would of been soooo worried these past 2 years!

We spent Saturday in DeWitt for Noah's birthday party. We had a fun time. Hayden ran around all day and loved it! The party was pirate themed and a blast! Hayden loved riding thte tractor, and the horse and looking at the bugs. Joey got some fishing in, and I went on a trail ride with Faith and Jen. The weather was absolutely beautiful.

Joey leaves for Atlanta today. He will be gone all week. Hayden and I are hoping that the rain stops soon so we can spend most of the time outside. Today it is 53 and rainy, Tomorrow it is supposed to be 65 and sunny tomorrow and stay nice until Thursday. Then it may rain again.

Well, I better get cleaning, since I have the house to myself!!

2 comments:

sarak said...

What's up with that first picture?
Glad everything went well with Hayden's appointment! What a relief that must be!
Take care and have a good relaxing "man free" week. Dont work too hard on housework...

Sara

Jennie Peakin said...

Seriously...how cute is Hayden on that horse?!!!! Love the pics!