Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Shalom Aleichem

So.... I have been going crazy lately because Hayden has been singing a song while clapping and jumping and falling and I had no idea what it was. I seriously have been going nuts. It sounds like shine down shine meeeeee while clapping then a huge jump in the air and falling flat on his back. I kept thinking what are they teaching him at PDO?
Today Hayden was singing a wiggles song I knew and then started singing the song I didn't know. So long story short I figured out the song. It is the Jewish song from the wiggles and at the end of the song Anthony falls in the sand. I was sooo happy to figure this out.
So this adds to my case that Hayden has a Jewish dialect. He says ice cream and it sounds like ice crhhheemmm. Hard to type the Jewish throat scratch sound. And he loves to sing in Jewish.
I also call him my little Jamacian because at time he has a Jamacian accent because he says "shut de door."
So I guess he has a lot of crazy dialects and I am sure once he catches on to what he is doing more will come out.
Silly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gretchen, It has to be Joey and Grandpa's Spanish attempts and of course Grandpa's English with foreign accents as needed, wearing off on Hayden. Or maybe it's the fact Joey went to a Jewish preschool? We will never know for sure!