Friday night I had the "talk" with him. I told him that he was wearing his last diaper and that he has to start using the potty and wearing underwear.
We are taking the relaxed approach. We don't micromanage, ask every hour if he has to go to the bathroom, or stay in the bathroom when he is trying. We aren't using pull ups and so far we are 3 nights dry out of 3. I am sure we will have some wet nights, but we are going totally cold turkey. No diapers or pull ups. We have had a few accidents, but nothing that is to difficult to clean up. I am however thankful for wood floors. :)
Yesterday I was going to get into the shower and I told him that I didn't want him to potty on my bed or on my floor ( he was laying on my bed watching TV). I laid a quilt over my bed "just in case" and hopped into the shower. A little later I heard him come in and push his potty out into the hallway. He shut the door for privacy and came back in the bathroom and yelled "I did it"!
I am doing a lot more laundry lately, but am hoping we keep the potty train rolling and get this thing figured out before the end of the summer. :) Fingers crossed.
6 comments:
Wow! Good job! There is no way Tate would be able to be potty trained right now. He just plain doesn't "get it" yet. He has yet to even pee on the potty. Ugh.
Yeah!! Keep it up! It does eventually all fall into place and is so nice when it does! What a great feeling to have no diapers!
Congratulations Hayden!!! GMP
Att'a boy Hayden! Way to impress! Don't get discouraged if there is a relapse!
Good job to mommy and daddy too!
Good Job Hayhay!! We are very proud of you! We love you!!
How's it going today?
Post a Comment