Sunday, August 8, 2010

Baptism

Grandparents.

Elsie and her Godmother Aunt Jen. Her Godfather was home with sick kids.


Our typical family portrait. Still a stinker with pictures. :)








Elsie was baptized today. It was such a wonderful event surrounded by 40 of our friends and family. Every time I host a gathering in our cozy home I swear I am going to just invite a few people....never happens. Every time right before our guests arrive I get nervous thinking how the heck all of these people will fit in our house....but it always works out.
We ordered pizza here after the baptism and had salad. We are truly blessed with our families and our friends who we think of as family.
I haven't crafted for a while and totally got the itch to do so. I made a banner for Hayden's birthday and decided to make one for Elsie. I made some pinwheels (thanks for the idea Missy) and even found the energy and time to make a ribbon topiary...all of which will go into Elsie's room when she gets one once the upstairs is finished.
Our good friends the Bellows family came down to help us celebrate. They spent the whole day with them. We took the kids to the splashpad and came back to our house for dinner and more playtime. We had such a good time catching up and wish we saw them more. Or even better wish they would move to Iowa.....or even better yet move to CR.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Good job with the pinwheels! Very cute! And did you do the ribbon topiary? Adorable!
God Bless little Elsie!

Gretchen said...

Thanks! I did make the topiary. I am going to use it as a decoration for her room. I also made s banner that days her name that I am going to hang in her room.