I sing to myself often! Not necessarily happy birthday but I guess if the mood strikes then I go for it.
Well I have officially entered the 30's. Not that traumatic. It feels pretty good actually. I had a great birthday. Yesterday I went out for coffee with my friend Kari and Hayden's friend Will. Will is exactly 2 weeks younger then Hayden. She also has a son Charlie that is 2. They are the cutest boys. It was nice to chat and catch up. I totally use her as a resource to answer all of my parenting questions. She is such a good Mom.
Then it was over to Teresa's house for lunch. She made stuffed shells, salad, and garlic bread. Hayden had fun rolling around on her floor and playing with the elk racks and gazing at the stuffed antelope in the living room and the giant stuffed bear. It is like a museum over there. Her husband sells guns and hunting gear all over the country so he is a big hunter. Hayden loves it over there because they have a lot of room to roll around he likes to check out all of the non moving animals :)
Today we met Joey for lunch at the mall to get one of my favorite meals. A grilled cheese sandwich at Maid-Rite. They are sooooo yummy! After that Hayden and I wandered around the mall for a bit and we ran into a few old coworkers of mine and some friends. Everyone was at the mall today! Then we ran some errands and came back home right after the wind started picking up and it started to rain.
Ok I learned a great lesson today. When it is windy out a light stroller will travel VERY FAR. I set the stroller up and got Hayden out of the car and turned around to put his car seat in the stroller and .............. it literally was across the parking lot. I had to put Hayden back in the car and lock the doors (yes I had to run that far away from the car to retrieve the stroller) chase the still moving stroller and come back to try it again. This time with the wheel locks engaged. I alway wondered what the heck those things were for?!?!?
We went out to eat tonight and then came home and watched the end of American Idol. So all in all it was a great birthday. Good friend day yesterday and family day today.
6 comments:
Oh my goodness! I laughed sooo hard at the stroller rolling across the parking lot! I'm still giggling!
Happy Birthday honey ~ a day late.
I actually was thinking about your bday the other day, and all of us at Carlos O Kelly's with Matt and Stacy and Abbie and Joey...and that Beaver!!!! I think I have a picture of you with that Beaver!
Funny! I forgot about the Beaver. I often think about the Carlos O Kelly's thing because that is where Joey an I first met. AWWWWWW 11 years ago. Time is flying by!
I sooo have pictures of that night too! I should share them huh?
Hilarious about the stroller. I can just picture it!
Happy Birthday. I forgot to tell you that on the phone yesterday! All this snow has my mind in a blizzard. (I cant believe you are officially in the 30's...you are so old!! I knew being young would pay off! he he he )
Any new on if you will venture our direction? Give me a call tonight or tomorrow morning and let me know either way please. We may head into Ames to run errands and I dont want to miss you!:)))
Happy birthday!!!! 30??? You are soooo old!!!! I'm sure Hayden makes you feel young though. Love the new pictures. We still need to schedule a trip! Miss you guys...
Ummmm not all of us can be as young as you Aimee. Yes you do need to schedule a trip. We miss you tons. I can't wait for Hayden to meet you. To bad we don't live in Colorado anymore. I am sure you would be his favorite person in CO.
Post a Comment