Friday, February 23, 2007

Rain, Sleet, Snow, OH NO!!!



As I am sitting here typing I can hear the sleet hit the windows, the wind gusts whipping the mailbox outside and the thunder rumbling. What a strange weather evening we have had. I guess this weekend we are supposed to get the whole gamut. 1 Inch of ice tonight with wind gusts up to 50 mph (lets hope we don't loose power). Then Saturday and Sunday night we are supposed to get 3-9 inches of snow. We will see what we really end up with.

We are just going to hang out all weekend. Joey has his final this weekend so he will be busy with that. We were going to go to Des Moines this weekend but decided to stay here so Joey could focus on his exam and so we could avoid traveling with the nasty weather.

Hayden gets better at sitting every day. He is also exploring more and more by rolling and pivoting around on his belly. He has been making different sounds with his mouth. Most involve lots of slobber. He is also copying movements more. We were laying on the floor and I had my fuzzy slippers on and was rotating my ankle. He watched me for a bit and then started rotating his ankle. It is soooo neat seeing things click for him and to watch his learning process. You can just see it in his face. The way he focuses and concentrates. It is amazing.

No comments: