Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Yippee for warm weather!





The last few days have been wonderful. The sun has been shining and the temperature reached 53 today. It has been nice to turn off the heat during the day and give the old furnace a break. I am ready to open the windows and air out the house. I am just going to pretend I didn't see the forecast for wintry weather this weekend and believe that this is the beginning of spring.

We have had a great week. Hayden and I have been hanging out an playing. He is sitting up totally unassisted now. Sometimes when he reaches for a toy it throws him off balance and he falls over. So far we haven't had any tears when he tips. Today he was feeling ambitious and daring and decided to roll off the blanket, over the rug, and on to the wood floor. Once he realized that the sound of his foot hitting the wood floor was loud and different he laid there for a while with the Paricka grin banging his foot over and over and over. He also has mastered the Jumperoo. We have enjoyed watching him. He really goes to town in that thing and can jump forever.

We have settled in some sort of a routine now. Hayden takes 2 2hour naps and sleeps from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m. What a blessing! He sure like his sleep. It is funny the more sleep he gets during the day the better he sleeps at night. You would think it would be the opposite of that. I found my schedule that I was on when I was 6 months old and strangely enough it was basically the same. Like mother like son.

Talked to my sister today. She is doing well. Andrew came home a week early from his training. Ingrid is making friends left and right. I am so proud of her. She really steps out of her comfort zone to meet people and build quite a social life. Hope to see her sometime this year. Our friends Matt and Stacy found cheap tickets to go to Germany. Stacy's sister lives in the same town as Ingrid. I am jealous. They are going next month and have invited Ingrid to go around with them. It will be fun for them. Hopefully we can make it over there next year.

No comments: