The weather has been awesome all weekend. It was 83 yesterday and in the 80's again today.
Friday Bev came down to watch Hayden. I went to get my hair cut and colored. I actually dyed it dark brown!!! I am getting to the point where I am tired of getting it highlighted so wanted to get it close to my natural color. My cousin Nathan called right before I walked into the salon and was at a standstill on his cases and was wanting to come over and bring coffee for me and to see Hayden. We decided to meet at a coffee shop since I had the day to myself. We had a great time and chatted for almost 2 hours. We always have a lot to talk about even thought we couldn't be more different politically!!!! He actually can hold a civil conversation compared to most of those crazy democrats! :)
Then I ran some errands and came home. It was great and I really appreciate the time Bev took out of her day to come and hang out with Hayden!!! What a blessing
Saturday we went to Waterloo to eat at my favorite restaurant, Brown Bottle, and to a hockey game with Sara and Phil. It was a great time. Sara just had a large tumor removed from her arm and found out it was not cancerous so at the surgeons suggestion we went out to celebrate. Hayden had a fun filled evening with Grandma & Grandpa Paricka and uncle John.
Yesterday we went on a walk and visited 2 parks. Hayden loved to be out and about. We were disappointed that the parks by our home do not have children size swings but Hayden loved to swing with us. I loved to see his little chubby legs in shorts. Then we met up with TeresaAnn for a chat.
Today Hayden and I went to the Sac&Fox trail with out neighbors for a short 4 1/2 mile walk. Kathleen said she doubted her kids would last long on their bikes but they did. It was such a nice day and the trail is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! It follows a stream. Hayden and I sat on a bench so he could eat and they went ahead and it was so quite and peaceful. We even saw 7 deer running in the field. Hayden loved all of the new sights and the new noises. We had a heck of a time getting back because the kids on the bike pooped out. They have 4 children. So Thomas stayed with his bike and Kathleen and I had to take turns pushing her double stroller with 3 kids smashed in it with a bike hanging off the basket in the back. It was a great time and great to get out of the house. We hope to do more with the Bean family now that the weather is nicer. Kathleen and I set a goal to go walking at least once a week.
Hayden and I picked up a few groceries and is now passed out in his crib! He had a long eventful day. Tonight we have Kindermusik and tomorrow a friend of ours is taking some pictures of Hayden.
No comments:
Post a Comment