Thursday, March 22, 2007

Praying For Poop



Now that I have you attention!!! Seriously we have been praying for poop the last 5 days. Hayden has still been cranky and not feeling well. His second top front tooth is starting to poke through and he hasn't pooped for 5 days. That certainly would make me cranky. We tried prunes, massaging, stretching, nothing worked! Joey and I gave Hayden 1/2 teaspoon of Milk of Magnesia Tuesday night and another 1/2 teaspoon Wednesday morning. Well yesterday Joey and I changed 7 diapers full. No wonder he isn't feeling well. Yikes!!!!! So he is in a little better mood today minus the sore bum.

Sunday we went to the library. We ventured upstairs to the children's part of the library and WOW. What a selection. I checked out a few cd's and Joey and Hayden picked out a few books on bugs, trucks, and stars. They had at least 1,000 board books alone. How fun. We can't wait to take Hayden to story time and all of the other activities they offer. We are hoping Hayden will enjoy the library as much as his parents do.

Monday we had Kindermusik. Hayden loves it!!! He has already taken a liking to a couple of boys. He loves the music and being with all the kids! It is fun.

Yesterday Hayden and I met TeresaAnn for coffee and hung out. We had some pretty heavy rainstorms so we came home and hunkered down for the afternoon. I was curious to see how Hayden would handle the thunder and he did well. Last night he slept through a few claps that startled Joey and me from a deep sleep!

We went bowling last night wit a few coworkers of Joey's. Joey planned and organized a bowling outing with his lab and families. It was a fun time.

Hayden is becoming more animated and verbal through his body language. He now puts his hands straight up when he wants picked up. He also dances to music. Whenever I clap my hands to music he sits and bounces up and down. It is funny! He has been doing well eating. It actually varies from day to day. Some days he eats solids like a champ and others he is not interested. The time of day also varies. Sometimes he eats cereal in the morning. Others not. Sometimes he cries for solids for lunch other days not. At least as I have gotten older I have learned to become more flexible. Isn't that one of the main qualities you need to possess to be a parent? Oh yeah and patience!

Tomorrow Bev is coming down to hang out with Hayden while I get my hair cut and get a little shopping in. She was down last week but I felt crappy so I took a nap while she was here. Which was a nice break as well. Definitely looking forward to running some errands by myself and a little alone time. I think Hayden is looking forward to hanging out with someone else besides me for while. ;)

Have a great rest of the week and weekend everyone. Chances of rain through the weekend but the temps are rising. Up in the 60's by the weekend. It is sunny and in the upper 50's now. Beautiful day and we are all definitely ready for Spring!

No comments: