What a beautiful day today. It is Noon and already 63. Th sun is shining and it is just a nice day.
We had a great weekend in Ames/ Des Moines. I don't have any pictures to share. The weekend flew by before I even thought about it!
Friday we drove to Ames after Joey got off work and unloaded quick and went to Omally McGees for a great mexican dinner. We used to hang out there every time we went to Ames years ago and was great to go back and check it out. Then it was back to Johnny's place to get Hayden settled in for the night. Johnny was kind enough to let us stay in his room so it worked out well. Then we watched part of Superman Returns before we all decided it was time for us to go to bed as well. Hayden did ok. He has been not feeling the best lately so considering he did well.
Saturday we tried out Johnny's new Paula Dean toaster egg cooker thing. It was soooo good. I have seen the thing advertised but never thought I would enjoy it as much as I did. It makes the perfect egg and bagel sandwiches. Then we slowly got ready for the day. Johnny went to work for an hour to finish up a project and Joey and I discovered why Hayden hadn't been feeling well. He is getting his top tooth. Booo Hoooo he is growing up!!!!!
Once we were all ready we went to Des Moines to hit Babies R Us for me and the Guitar Center for Johnny. Hayden and I waited in the car while they were at the guitar center because they were jut going in quick to buy a guitar stand. Well 20 minutes latter Joey wandered out to get Hayden and me because Johnny decided he needed another guitar. Hayden had tons of fun banging on the drum sets. He is an extremely gifted bongo player :) So an hour later and new guitar in tow we headed over to the Shroyer home.
We chatted for a few minutes before Kelli and I made our escape without children to do some shopping. We figured Kaylee, Evan, and Hayden needed some guy time. So Kelli and I ran to Von Maur at Valley west and to Jordan Creek. It was nice to be out and look at the stores. Kelli had been home with the kids since January because Matt has been in training for the National Guard in Mississippi (he just got home on Thursday). So she definitely was ready to get out of the house minus children. Once we looked at all the stores we wanted to we decided to head over to PF Changs early and grab a drink. Soon after the guys and kids arrived and so did Joey's sister Jen and family. Faith drew Hayden some pictures. They were so cute. Dinner went well and it was just as yummy as we remembered. The kids all did great considering we had reservations at 7 because they were booked earlier so it was past all of their bedtimes by the time we were done. It was a great time and good to be with out friend and family. When we left PF Changs we ran over to Cheesecake Factory to get a piece of Cheesecake to go and my favorite coffee drink. Then it was back to Ames.
Sunday Johnny and Joey went over to Johnny's work to play with the guitars. Johnny started a band with some people from his work so they practice there. Hayden took a nap and I picked up and washed our sheets and towels. Then we went to look a few condos that Johnny is interested in. He wanted out input so we were happy to give it to him. We all really loved one and Johnny is putting a bid on it tomorrow. We are so excited for him. Joe is also excited because it is by a lake so they can go fishing. Then we grabbed a quick bit to eat and headed back to CR. We got home at 9 and Joey finished some homework, Hayden went to sleep and I unpacked. Looking forward to a few nice days here in the 60's!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment