Monday, April 2, 2007

Productive Weekend..........Really!





Saturday we decided we needed to clean the upstairs out. We need to get ready for a garage sale and we need to get rid of some of our junk. We also needed to put away some baby things. Many boxes upstairs have not been really looked at since we moved in (almost 3 years already). We started going through and got a good start by the time Bev and Joe showed up. Joey had to fix the plumbing upstairs in our pedestal sink. So he called in reinforcements. It took Joe and Joey almost all afternoon to get it fixed but it saved us $200 so we definitely appreciate the help!!!
Bev and Hayden came up to help me. Hayden played well in his exersaucer all afternoon. We got through all of the boxes and then Bev and I decided that we should go through my clothes and shoes upstairs. BIG TASK!!!!! I know when we moved in I had at least 10 wardrobe boxes full of clothes and many boxes of shoes. Finally I am in the mood to let go and let go I did! First off most of the clothes I never wear and a lot don't fit and some were from 12 years ago! Same goes for the shoes. So we dumped tons!!!!!! I now have a plethora of plastic hangers! I decided to skip my evening out with the girls because Bev and I were on a roll. We got a lot accomplished. Bev was a big help. I don't think I would of tackled the clothes thing without help. Then we all crashed in the living room, ate supper, and rested. Joey and Bev played Nintendo Wii. They played bowling and tennis. It was fun to watch!

Sunday Joey and I finished organizing upstairs and I kept the momentum going and cleaned out some cupboards and closets downstairs. I did a lot of laundry and Joey did a lot of homework. Oh and we also went through the garbage and pulled out a few things that Bev convinced me to throw away. For a full recap of Saturdays festivities with my mother-in-law please go to my other blog...the one she doesn't know about. ;) JUST KIDDING. I teased her about that all day Saturday!



Today Hayden and I got groceries and went to visit our friend TeresaAnn. I now say our friend because they seem to ignore me when all three of us are together.
Hayden will now let me help him get up on all fours. He just kind of hangs out like that and isn't quite sure what to do. He is definitely strong enough to get moving but I think he just needs to get it figured out. He is also getting more adventurous from the sitting position. He will stretch and reach to get a toy and then get stuck in the reaching/leaning position. He is also starting to pull up on me when we play on the floor. I almost wonder if he is even going to crawl? Oh and one more new development. He is now officially a side sleeper. It is sooooo cute. He cuddles up with his blankie. He preferred his belly for a while but I think gave up on it because daddy would get worried and constantly flip him over on his back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gretchen,
Don't tell me you dug out the "bally" sweaters?!? Repeat after me, Let them go, Let them go, Let them go! You forgot to mention all the Slip hangers you have now. Maybe you should put that (slips) on your Xmas list. I'll be watching for the perfect one for you.
Bye,
Bev :)

sarak said...

Looks like a good time was had by all...ha ha ha. Doesnt it feel good to get rid of things? I'm going to have a garage sale too..maybe if we have extras we can all have one together..he he he..I'll be at the hospital all afternoon with Jeremie for his testing tomorrow. I may call you while I'm waiting. Talk to you soon!!
(Hayden sure looks exhausted after all that work Joey made him do on the sink..slave labor I tell ya!)

Anonymous said...

Oh you soo inspire me!
Not that I'll do anything with that....but hey...gotta count for something!