Sunday, April 15, 2007

Wow it's been a week!?



Can't believe I haven't posted in a week! Last week seemed to fly by.

Monday Melissa and I took the kids to Kindermusik. We had a fun time. After Kindermusik we met Joey and Mike at Red Robin. They guys were fishing all day at Lake McBride. Even though they didn't catch anything they had a great time. Melissa surprised Mike with an early birthday present. A Wii!!!! She found one at Kmart! Mike was sooooooo surprised and happy to have one. I talked to her today and she said that he has been playing it a ton! They left Tuesday morning and Hayden and I relaxed and rested.

Thursday we drove up to CF to visit with Mom and Raleigh. It is great to have them back. We met them at Village Inn for breakfast and Joan joined us as well. We had a great time and Hayden did very well hanging out there for 1 1/2 hours! After that we went to Hy-Vee to get some things. Then over to Augusta's apartment for a visit. Then back to the house for a nap and dinner. We had a great time and Hayden was even showing off his new trick. He has figured out how to lean forward from the sitting position and get on his belly. Sometimes one of his legs get caught in the transition but he manages. Now if he just stayed up on those knees instead of laying right on his belly he would be in prime position for crawling. He is managing to become very mobile on his back and belly! Now I don't feel comfortable leaving the room like I used to. He will be on the other side of the room in a flash. Especially if there is some sort of paper on the floor to motivate him.

Friday our friend Kyle came down to visit. We have been friends since drivers ed in 10th grade. He was in Cedar Falls visiting his parents and decided to come down and check out our house and visit Hayden. We met Joey for lunch and just hung out for the afternoon.

We moved Hayden's crib down this week! I figured it won't be long until he dives over the edge. When he sleeps in his crib now he is all over. He is rarely in the same position that we laid him in when we peek in on him. It is very strange having his crib lower!

Saturday Joey decided to tackle our front step problem himself. He built a form and mixed and poured concrete. We are hoping that this will mend the problem until we can save up enough money to replace the whole front step. I am very proud of him! It was a huge task and he pulled it off.

Today Joey finished his homework and we picked up around the house and yard. We are definitely enjoying the warmer weather!

No comments: