We had 2 traumatic events here.
Last week when Joey was gone I sat Hayden on the bed and turned to grab the clothes basket and...... yup he took a dive off the bed. He landed right on the top of his head and I grabbed him before the rest of his body flipped over. Hayden cried for 8 minutes and I felt like the world's worst mother all week!
Well to top it off we had another little mishap at Kari's home on Saturday evening. Joey and I were both sitting in chairs and we just sat our drinks on the end table between us. Hayden was sitting on the floor at our feet playing. Before we knew it he pulled the table over on himself! My glass of red wine shattered on his head and drenched him. Everyone was standing in front of us eating so they grabbed him quick and rinsed of his face. Once I got over to him and saw that he had a couple of glass pieces in his head I started bawling to add to the chaos!!! We ran upstairs and gave him a bath and he felt a lot better. It took me a while to compose myself! He walked away without any cuts or damage (except a ruined shirt) thank god! So needless to say I felt once again like the worst mom ever!!!!
I am feeling better now and all of the moms there assured me that it was ok and not my fault but I still felt bad! Then they shared all of their stories about their kids falling down steps and other tumbles and it did make me feel better but seriously what kids breaks a wine glass on his head!?!
Live and learn!
2 comments:
You are not the worst mom Gretchen! You cant protect him from everything! I bet he looks "cool " with his "battle bruises"..just kidding. My kids always have cuts and bruises. You should see the huge one on Delaneys face now from her fall the other day!
When Delaney was about 6-7 months old I put her on my bed and she did the same thing, head first dive off of my bed. I cried too, put ice on it and called the doctors office immediately. They said if she kept falling asleep randomly and had something different to her eyes to call but otherwise its normal.....hope that makes you feel better:)
Ohhhh honey! That is traumatic! I would have been crying too! Heck, I cried the first time Becca had a 103 fever and called my sister! I had to giggle at the last sentece...about what kid breaks a wine glass on his head! Thats kinda funny now that you think back on it...isn't it? Becca has fallen off the couch, almost out of her stroller...(there are seatbelts in those things for reason I've discovered!) Your not the worst momma! I've felt that way too, but take comfort that we are all clutz sometimes until we realize that babies move faster than we think!
Post a Comment