Monday, May 7, 2007

Weekend in Des Moines/Ames

We had a fun weekend. We got to see a lot of people and accomplished a lot. Friday Hayden and Joey dropped me off in Tama to meed Sara. Sara and I ate a quick sandwich at Maidrite and we were on our way to Waukee. The drive went quickly as we chatted the whole way. We arrived at Beth's and chatted a bit before we headed out for the evening. We had a great time meeting new people and it was a treat to be out without the kids.
Saturday Sara and I were up at 6:30 chatted for a bit and decided we needed to try to go back to sleep since we could! We then got ready for the day and helped Beth get ready for her purse party. It was an experience. Her whole living room and family room were full of purses. It took us a while to get all of the boxes unloaded. It was amusing to watch people come in and go nuts over these knock off bags. People came to Beth's house that she didn't even know. Beth also had a friend there selling Pampered Chef. My friend Kelli came to the party but she was the star of the show because she came bearing 30% off coupons for Gymboree.
After the party Sara, Kelli, and I went to Jordan Creek. We walked around for a bit and then Sara and I headed up to Ames. Sara chatted for a bit and then headed home.
By the time I arrived in Ames they had Lomen moved in. We ran to get a bite to eat. When we arrived home I was all ready to get boxes unpacked but the guys had a different plan. They decided they needed to fish. Our friends Sara and Jeremie came over and the guys took of to the lake and Sara and the girls hung out with Hayden and me. We had a good time chatting and the girls had a fun time running around in the unfinished basement. We were hoping to go to the park but it was very windy and getting cold.
Sunday we helped Lomen get his kitchen unpacked and headed home. Hayden and I came home with spring colds. He has a nasty cough. He was soooo pooped and was in bed by 6:00. I followed soon after!
This week we have Hayden's 9 month appointment and are expecting a visit from my mom.

No comments: