It has been busy as usual here. Besides getting ready for our 17 day trip to Germany etc., baking 10 dozen cookies for our multiple cookie exchanges, and getting Christmas shopping done----- we lost power at our home. Tuesday Hayden and I were at the Dr. getting his shots before our trip. When we got done I had a few calls from neighbors telling me that a huge branch fell on our power line and it was sparking. Of course I couldn't get a hold of Joey.
Once we got home I finally got a hold of Joey and he came right home. It literally pulled the power line off our house and we had burn marks up the side of our house.
We packed up quick in case we needed to leave because the weather was getting worse. We decided to come to my parents house in case it was going to be days without power, even though we had multiple offers to stay with people in CR. Thanks!
It honestly was like a battle zone. When we were loading up the car branches were falling left and right. It was soooo loud because of all of the ice. Crazy!
It was a crazy drive and I know I would not have made it by myself. All of the streets were un driveable because the ice and all of the branches hanging down to the street because of the ice. It took us 2 hours to get to CF.
Joey went down yesterday to go to work and check out the house. He said the house was 42 degrees. He decided to stay there last night and camp out by the fire. We had to hire an electrician to build up the electrical stuff it ripped off our house. Joey just called at noon and we have power today!!!! Hayden and I will go back tomorrow. I am anxious to get back and get our fridge and freezer cleaned out.
We have Joey's family coming Saturday to celebrate Christmas and mine on Sunday. Luckily everyone is bringing most of the meal. I just need to get the house cleaned up and we will be good to go. I think I am not going to mess with restocking our fridge with anything until we get back. Just bread and milk and a few things until we leave!
It had been nice hanging out with my parents. They will be gone for the winter by the time we get back from our trip!
I am thankful we just had the damage we did! It could of been a lot worse and amazingly I am not that stressed! Luckily I am learning to go with the flow and relax the older I get!
1 comment:
hello
Post a Comment