Hayden and I haven't left the house since Tuesday. MOPS was canceled Tuesday because school was canceled. Our neighbor Nancy is the Spanish teacher at Washington and loves to bake a cook. Since school was canceled she hates to sit at home alone all day so she brought over lunch and ate with us. She made curry chicken and rice. It was yummy and great to have a visitor. Hayden loved it, but honestly smelled of curry until last night!
Today I have a Dr. appointment, and grandma Paricka is coming down to hang out with Hayden. Last night Hayden slipped in the tub and chipped his front tooth. So, Joey and Bev are going to take him to the dentist while I am at my appointment. It isn't too bad, just needs to be smoothed out.
Ever since we got back from our trip Hayden seems like such a big boy. We have been having so much fun! He is getting great at copying words and using them at appropriate times. He also has been the funniest! I honestly have been laughing so much with him lately! Sometimes so hard I have tears! He is soooo into dancing. His new favorite song is Who Let the Dogs Out. I saw Romney singing it on the news and started singing it. Hayden loves it! Hopefully we can get it on video.
He is also turning into quite a little monkey and curious guy! I can barely take my eye off of him for a second, or he will be standing on the dining room table, climbing up drawers to reach something off of the desk, or climbing up the end table to play the lamp like a drum. He also loves to empty every drawer and possible thing he can open. He is also into weapons, and can turn anything into a weapon and goes "pshew" when he swings it. Where he picks this stuff up I don't know. Benny (the cat) and I are his favorite targets. Argh! It definitely keeps me busy during the day, and I look forward to Joey walking through the door daily! So does Hayden. He gets sooooo excited and runs to the door when he hears the key in the lock. Which leads me to another new thing.
He is now attached to Joey at the hip. Joey is now the first person he goes to if he needs something (when we are both there), and loves to follow him around. Joey even found a new Wii partner. Hayden loves to swing the Wii remote around just like daddy! He even scored on Joey once in tennis.
Looking forward to a relaxing weekend. As I type now it is -20 for an actually temp and it is supposed to be 40 by Monday! Heat wave!!!! We have at least 6 inches of new snow this week. Joey is very busy at work so he may spend some of the weekend there as well. Luckily this new class he is taking is taking up less of his time. Hopefully it stays that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment