Now they are predicting a crest at 32 feet. It keeps rising by a couple of feet every few hours.
I just saw a national news report on CBS. The reporter said that this scene reminds him of Hurricane Katrina. There are at least 100 streets flooded and now at least 4,000 homes have now been evacuated. They have no official plan for evacuation now, because it has surpassed the 500 year flood plan. So now they are mandatory evacuating everyone in a block of the rising water. So the evacuation areas are changing minute by minute.
As I sit here we are getting even more rain. Probably our 7th storm of the day. It is just unbelievable. They showed some video from downtown CR. The library is almost half covered. Furniture is floating around in Smulekoffs. The jail, fire station, city hall, courthouses are completely submerged.
4 comments:
Holy Cow! This is insane? Do you think that you will have to evacuate?
Gretch, keep your family safe. If you can still get out of town, your parents house is still dry! I drove past this morning taking Becca to my parents. Good job keeping up, but we understand if you can't. Prayers are being sent your way that God put a hedge of protection around your family and home.
I keep watching everything in amazement. It is so much like '93 was. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I so hope you stay dry. Let us know if you need anything.
Rachel
Crazy! If it gets even a little close get out of there! I'm sure Ham Radio Joey will keep you informed of the latest news:)
Take care!
Sara
Post a Comment