Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Hayden

We celebrated Hayden's 2nd birthday today. Hayden and Daddy slept until 11 today, so I got a head start on decorating. Hayden has never slept that late! I was absolutely shocked!!!


Nancy came over shortly after 11 and brought Hayden some fresh muffins with 2 candles in it. She lit the candles and sang happy birthday to Hayden in Spanish. She gave Hayden a long sleeve Hawkeye shirt and some markers. She is the best neighbor!!!


Then Joey mowed and Hayden and I put up some decorations. We hung crepe paper streamers in the dining room. Hayden was sooo excited he sang happy birthday to himself the whole time and squealed with delight!

He took a rest with/on Benny

Ate his favorite foods for dinner. Hot dogs, string cheese, tater tots, and corn. We used the you are special plate we got as a wedding gift for the first time. He was sooo happy to have all of his favorites at once. He took periodic breaks to sing happy birthday to himself yet again.

He played trucks with daddy.
And finished the day avoiding bedtime (imagine that), by convincing daddy to lay in the floor by his bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love him! (Hayden that is) Will is sitting here with me and saying, "hayden" They are going to be such good buddies.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BOY!

Kari and Will xoxo

dawnie85 said...

Happy Birthday to Hayden!!!! I can't believe he's 2 already.