This is the question I asked myself last week as I was hiding in the bathroom eating a handful of candy corn. Seriously, it is impossible to eat a treat anymore without little eyes, or nose, or super human toddler powers detecting a treat being consumed and running right up next to me, busting me in the act, and demanding for me to share.
As Hayden was pounding on the door trying to get in, I felt as if I sunk to a new level. Then I realized that no I didn't sink to a new level, I am entitled to alone time and to enjoy a treat in peace, even if it means locking yourself in the bathroom for a minute to scarf down some candy corn!
6 comments:
You;re hilarious...hilarious because it sounds SO familiar! Ha. You're not alone. :)
That is great! I do it too! Mine are usually dove chocolates though!
he he he...I've been there, done that. Why not fill your child with lots of sugary treats too:) Then send him with Daddy and go enjoy yours:) The secret is to put him to bed and then eat the treats. We do that with ice cream sometimes!
OHHHHHH, that sounds so familiar! Claire will actually come up to me and smell my mouth if I won't tell her what I have been eating and say she wants some too! It lasts a long time--even with the big boys! We do the ice cream after they're in bed too!!--Rachel
Mix some peanuts with your candy corn and it tastes just like a salted nut roll! I take it to our scrapbook weekends; everyone loves it.
Now that really hits home! I have a Big Boy that acts the same way..."now what are you eating" or "where did you find that" or "I'd like some of that too" as if he can't find the exact same stuff anytime he wants - I really don't hide it!!
Post a Comment