This week seemed to fly by. Joey started his new class and has been extremely busy. The professor told him to expect at least 20 hours of homework a week. Yuck. But I guess that is what we should expect from now on until he graduates because he is taking all of his core classes now. His general ed's are all out of the way except 1 I think.
Hayden has been sick all week. He has a cold and has been quite fussy. But fussy for him is really not that bad at all. I just feel so bad for him. I hate it that he doesn't feel good and wish there was something I could do for him. Well I thought there was. I decided to go to Walgreens Thursday after talking to a friend and get him something to help dry him up. I got him Tylenol Cold for infants and gave him a dose in the parking lot. We ran a couple errands and when I got home and checked my email I saw the news story on Yahoo saying Cold Medicine Kills Babies!!!!!! Great. Needless to say I got no sleep that night listening to the baby monitor making sure he was still breathing! Sure I make one decision on my own and listen to friends and look where it gets me.:) Was trying to give Dr. Nau a break and actually make a decision on my own about my child and I must admit it felt very good. Well I am sure when Dr. Nau gets wind of this (most of my Bunko group goes to him) he will promptly tell me that he needs to call child protective services. He thinks he is funny!
Hayden just has congestion in his throat. Nothing that can be sucked out of his nose but sounds soooo terrible. It is really bad when he eats. So we have been doing a lot of snuggling and rocking to sleep this week. I started to blame the rocking to sleep thing on little Olivia Knutson because it started once we got home from their house. Thought she told Hayden what he was missing out on in some sort of baby speak when we were all out of the room.:) I must admit I do like snuggling with him.
I spent all week organizing and getting ready for Bunko. We had it here on Thursday. It was a true challenge getting everything done I wanted to because Hayden did not want to be left alone much this week, and Joey worked late and had to focus on school when he got home but I managed to get everything done. Everything went well and we all had a great time. Everyone enjoyed holding Hayden. We snacked and chatted and then played. Once we started playing Joey and Hayden hung out in the bedroom so Joey could do his homework. We made it through one game when Hayden really started to fuss so I had to rock him to sleep which literally took 5 seconds. The gals cleaned up for me and we sat around a talked for a bit before everyone left. We usually play 2 games but the first took so long and they wanted to leave so Hayden could sleep in peace. We tend to get very loud!
We bought another space heater last night. Once the temperature started dropping we were reminded how our home is sooooo not airtight and energy efficient.
Hayden ate sweet potatoes for supper last night. He seemed to like the first few bites but soon became disinterested and got upset. Can't tell if he likes it and is crying because he wants more or crying because he doesn't like it. Sometimes he seems more interested in the bright colored bibs from Aunt Ingrid. We tried to feed him cereal before bed but he gaged and choked on it so we gave up on that. Suppose I just need to give him time and ease into it.
Joey is at work today. He is going to work all day today and tomorrow. He has to get a project out. It is really cold out and snowing now. Glad to see some signs of winter. We are only supposed to get 3 or so inches now through Sunday. High of 24 degrees today. Big change but I am excited. Tired of the warm winter. We are having Taco Soup tonight. Something to warm us up. Cold weather means warm comfort foods. YUMMY!
No comments:
Post a Comment