Sunday, January 21, 2007

We Officially Have A Rollover




Ok after months of practice we officially have a rollover. Hayden rolled from his belly to his back. Not to reach a toy or because we were encouraging him to. Simply because he wanted to. Joey was laying on the floor by him and I was standing up so we both were there to witness the roll. There was lots of clapping and cheering. Not sure if he knew we were clapping and cheering because he rolled over but he loves when we clap and cheer for him so he remained on his back and basked in the cheers and smiled and smiled and smiled!


I have been organizing our pictures and putting them in albums on the computer. I put a link on the right side of my blog to some albums I have put online to share. I still have to go through old backup cd's to find more. Figured I would put some put there for people to see. We aren't always good at sharing pictures (even though I am better now since I started the blog). From the albums you can copy the pictures to your computer or order them to be printed. Pretty slick. Enjoy. More to come.
We had a good relaxing weekend. Friday Johnny Lomen came to town at about 7. We loaded up in the car and went to eat at Las Glorious. Our friend TeresaAnn met us there also. We had a great time. Lots and lots of laughs. Lots and lots of singing. Hayden did great. He sat with TeresaAnn most of the evening. When we were done eating we went to Hy-Vee to pick up a couple of things I forgot to get for supper on Saturday and then to Mr. Movies to get a few movies. One thing we can always count on is watching movies when Johnny comes to town. Joey and I rarely watch them so Johnny always comes with a few in his bag and a few to recommend. We watched Talladega nights (good movie), and sat around and talked.


Saturday we got up and made coffee and hung out. We were supposed to go to a membership class at our church but Joey hurt his back on Thursday night. Friday he could barely walk upright so he figured there was no way he could sit in a class all morning so we had to cancel. Johnny made us omelets for breakfast. He always likes to make us omelets at least once while he is here. And we are always happy to let him. Ham, Cheese, onions, mushrooms, yummy!!!! Then we all got showered and Joey and Lomen ran to the library and Hayden and I hung out at home. When the guys got back they went outside to get the remaining ice off the driveway and sidewalk before the new round of snow came.

Then we ate supper. Pork loin, wild rice, garlic green beans, romaine and broccoli salad. Yummy! It has been a long time since I cooked a meal with more than one side. It was also my first time cooking a pork loin and it was yummy! After we ate Joey started in on his homework and Lomen and I watched Little Miss Sunshine (great movie!!!) Hayden fell asleep rocking in the chair with Johnny so after the movie we put him to bed and Joey took a break from homework and we watched Lucky Number Sleven (excellent movie). Then it was on to another ritual we have. Late night bible study/ponder life's deep questions. This used to be done after midnight and I didn't know if we would still carry on this tradition since we now have a little bundle of joy that goes to sleep at 8 and gets up to eat at 6:30 and then sleeps to 8-9. Usually Joey is the first to nod off, then me. That stayed true this time. We stayed up until 2am discussing judging vs. holding others accountable for their actions, being envious of others, and life's purpose. It is always fun to talk about these issues with Joey and Johnny because everyone has such different life experiences and points of view but yet we all have the same basic principals and beliefs.

For those of those who know Johnny he just got back from visiting his whole family in Australia. He said that he came back with great peace knowing that America is where he should live so he has started applying for residency in America. A different choice than I think a lot of us would make. Imagine living in a different country with no blood relatives. Only good friends you have made along the way. I think most of us were sure Johnny would of moved back to Australia a few years back when he experienced a huge change in his personal life. He just said that he is so accustomed to life in American and all the benefits and privileges that he couldn't live anywhere else. He did say that once you leave and come back you realize how truly lucky we are to live here and how much we take for granted.

Sunday we woke up to 5 inches of snow. Joey went to the urgent care because his back still hurt a lot. The Dr. said that he strained his muscles and prescribed him some pills. I attempted to shovel. Did the back steps, front steps and walk, and about the first 9 feet of our driveway and then gave up and came back in. That was some heavy snow. Lomen left at 11 when the road conditions improved and Hayden, Joey, and I took a nap. Then we watched the Bears/Saints game and Joey finished up his homework.

It was a great weekend and can't believe it is over already. Talked to my Mom and the mountains In Arizona have snow and some places by them have frozen pipes! Strange that it is even frozen in the desert.

Not much planed for this week but something fun always pops up to keep me entertained and busy. Have a great week.

3 comments:

sarak said...

I'm glad the pork was good. I'll have to get your recipe for the side items..mmm good!
Sounds like you had a great weekend. You'll have to catch up on sleep though it sounds like!
We got home around 5:30 last night safe and sound from my moms house.
I'll talk to you this week sometime!

sara

Anonymous said...

I've been enjoying your blog more then I thought I would...love the info and pics...and I'm awfully glad you love the snow...tell Joseph to take it easy with his back...

Gretchen said...

I am enjoying posting more than I thought I would.