What a difference a good night's sleep makes. I have been having troubles falling asleep and staying asleep. So I have been dragging. Last night I went to bed late, but slept the whole night. I woke up feeling rested and rearing to go! Oh yeah so did Hayden. He was rearing to go today at 6:30.
Since quitting the bottle we have had some cranky mornings. Tuesday Hayden woke up at 5:30, sleepy, and wanting a bottle bad! He did not want a sippy cup or his binky. He was mad! I really considered giving him a bottle to stop the crying but held out. He finaly gave in and went back to sleep. Whew! I am proud of myself for not giving him the bottle. It was tempting. I really wanted to go back to sleep also. Nothing like screaming in your ear at 5:30 am. We had the same scenario yesterday morning as well. He was getting frustrated because he was trying to tell me something and he thought I wasn't understanding. Poor guy. I can totally understand. You are used to something for 12 months and all of the sudden--it's gone.
We haven't had any troubles getting him to sleep without the bottle. We always fed him his last bottle an hour before bedtime, so he is used to going to bed on his own. Last night I fed him oatmeal before bed, and he woke up happy at 6:30. We will try that again tonight to see if that helps. It has been 6 days off the bottle cold turkey, and I must say it was easier than I thought. He has been doing very well with the sippy cup. For a while I wondered if he would ever use one. It took him a while to get warmed up to one.
Wednesday we went to play at Backyard Adventures with Kari and her boys. Hayden and Will had a great time crawling all around, swinging, and playing with the balls. It is the coolest place. They sell huge wooden backyard playground equipment. They let kids come in and play everyday in their showroom. They even have a party room with a microwave so you can bring your lunch in.
When we got home I put Hayden down for his nap. He was wired and not interested in taking a nap. I heard him talking and rolling around for a while. Then I went in to check on him and noticed 3 things laying on the floor. His binky, giraffe blankie, and his DIAPER! I was shocked. I expected to see the first two but was absolutely surprised to see the third! Hayden loved the freedom. He was running, and rolling around in his crib squealing and laughing.
Thursday was a rainy day. We went over to Kari's. Kari's mother-in-law picked up Charlie for the day. Hayden and Will had a great time playing together with all of Will's new toys he got for his birthday. It is so fun watching them play and interact now that they are older.
Yesterday we went grocery shopping. It is another rainy and HUMID day! I am so ready to see the sun and get some windows open. Then temps have cooled down but the humidity is so high it is miserable.
Today I am going to a book party. Joey is finishing his final. Then he starts his new class tomorrow. My parents are coming here today to visit a friend in the hospital. Then we are all going to a folk festival. It should be a good time. The sun is shining finally and we are excited to get out and enjoy the not rainy weather!
Tomorrow Joey's parents are coming for a visit.
Have a great weekend
No comments:
Post a Comment