Sunday, August 19, 2007

Attack of the Molars!

Will was more interested in his balloon string
Why is everyone staring at me?

Last night we discovered the reason that Hayden has been a little on the cranky side. He is getting his two top first molars. Those molars are pretty pointy and large. No wonder he is in pain! He lower gums are pretty swollen as well so I am guessing the bottom 2 first molars are going to work themselves out any day now.
We had a fun and relaxing weekend. Friday we hung out and I finished finding new places for all of the displaced items from the dishwasher instillation. Since I was in the mood I am still in the process of cleaning out and downsizing the remaining cupboards. We grilled yummy kabobs for dinner. For some reason we haven't grilled that much this year. After Hayden went to bed, Joey and I hung out and talked for a while and watched tv. It has been a long time since we have been able to do that. It was son nice.
Saturday Hayden and I ran errands while Joey finished his homework. Saturday night we went to Will's first birthday party. The rain stopped just in time for the grass to dry out so all of the kids could enjoy the backyard. Hayden had a blast playing in their sandbox, playhouse, and swinging. Will was not that interested in his cake. He got his fingers in it but had no desire to eat it.
Today Joey went into work for a couple of hours. I did laundry and played with Hayden. It is soooo humid today but I am trying not to turn on the air. I am tired of bing cooped up in the house with the air on. I seem to get a lot more accomplished around the house when I have the windows open. It is raining now so maybe it will cool things off.
Hayden learned a new sign. He now can sign more. He has all done mastered and can now apply it to the correct circumstances. When he does more it kind of looks more like a clap. He is still working on getting those fingertips to meet! He is also crawling around like a bandit but is showing no interest in walking. He will cruise around the furniture, but if I try to walk with him he isn't interested. He would much rather speed crawl to where he needs to go than walk with my help.
We are also working on some words with Hayden. He can say ball and associates it with a ball. We are working on bow wow. Be says bow wow but if I say bow wow wow he will say bow wow and then do the Indian call (put his hand to his mouth and move it back and forth so it sounds like wow wow wow). It is pretty funny! He is also into imitating facial expressions. He likes to wrinkle up his nose and have us copy it. He and his dad do the Indian call all of the time. We are trying to teach him la la la. He can do it but his tongue movements aren't that graceful. His tongue moves in and at slowly and flops everywhere. Hmm I need to get the video camera out tonight and capture this. I always think I will remember every little sound and movement of his, but I know I will have a hard time remembering as the months and years fly by.

No comments: