Saturday, December 13, 2008

Checking in





This past week seemed to fly by. Christmas will be over before I know it. This time of the year always seems to fill up.
My parents arrived back in Iowa from Germany Monday night to ice and snow. They stayed with us Monday night and headed home Tuesday mid morning, after Hayden woke up. Which was at 9:50. I was shocked he slept that long.
Thursday my parents came back down and we had a power cookie baking session. Hayden was at PDO so we got a lot accomplished while he was gone. We attempted to roll out cookies when he got home. He LOVED helping grandma roll out the cookies, cut them, and eating the powdered sugar that she rolled them in. He has been talking about it all weekend.
Friday Hayden and I ran a ton of errands. I got most of our Christmas shopping done that morning. I am not good at getting it all done before December hits.
Today I hosted a scentsy party for my friend who just started selling it. We just hung out the rest of the day. The temp warmed up. It is going to be 41 tonight, 45 tomorrow, and 12 on Monday.
Next week will be a busy week as well. Tuesday I have book club, Wednesday we have a Christmas party, Thursday I have my Bunko Christmas party, Saturday we have Christmas with my family, and Joey and I are going to a party in CF at our friend Kyle's house. I am excited for the week and looking forward to spending time with family and old friends!

3 comments:

dawnie85 said...

What did your book club read? We are reading The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid. It made me laugh out loud. It's all about a kid growing up in Des Moines in the '50's!

Gretchen said...

Really! That sounds like a good book. I will have to suggest that one.
We read People of the Book. It is more of a mystery that takes you all over the world. It is interesting. It deals in the time of WWII. Jews, Nazzis, Muslums, Christians. It is interesting.

sarak said...

oohhh...Hayden looks so goofy inte pictures!
Love the pics of Grandma and Hayden. HE will always remember doing that with her and you will too!
TAke care!
Lets chat soon!
Sara