Monday, December 1, 2008

"Hayden where did baby Jesus go"?


I have a feeling I will be saying this a lot over the next 25 days.

Our first advent activity every year is preparing the manger. The past 2 years Bud Saul (Joey's old, now Hayden's cabbage patch) plays baby Jesus. I figured that wouldn't fly this year, because everywhere Hayden goes Bud Saul goes. I found a foam nativity craft set at Michaels. I figured easy to assemble, and virtually indestructible. Well, it was a more involved process than I thought. Luckily Joey stayed with it and finished it last night.


However, Hayden loves to move baby Jesus out of the manger. Last night baby Jess was kicked out and Bud Saul took his place in the manger. (He must remember from last year?). It was quite the sight, Bud Saul laying in a 3 inch manger.

Today it took me a good 4 hours to locate baby Jesus and Mary. It looks like baby Jesus loves John Deere construction tractors as much as Hayden does.

8 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennie Peakin said...

Okay, I am laughing out loud! That video is great! First of all, Bud Saul is just a funny name, I don't know why that is so funny to me! Secondly, Tate is CONSTANTLY hiding the baby Jesus from our little nativity scene we set out too. It's not very kid friendly and so Sean and I are constantly saying, "Tate Kenneth, don't play with Baby Jesus" or "Tate please don't throw Baby Jesus across the room, put him back and don't touch him!" LOL. It's so funny to read your blog and just see so many similarities to my life!

I don't know if you've seen the Little People Nativity Scene, but it's super cute and Tate has it and loves it. He can throw that Baby Jesus wherever he wants! :)

Gretchen said...

Jennie,
I know, reading you blog is like reading the daily happenings here that I forget to post on mine. I will read yours and think, Ooo Hayden does that too, I should of posted that.
I have wanted the little people nativity since last year. I haven't found it anywhere here yet. I may buy it online soon if they are still in stock.

Missy said...

OH MY! I 2nd the laughing out loud! Infact, my girls at work had to watch it too, cause I was laughing so much. He's adorable. I love hearing Hayden say , " kicked out!" lol. love it!

sarak said...

Yeah, Bud Saul! Was that Joey's baby cabbage patch? he he he...

Anonymous said...

Hayden and Bud Saul 20 years in the future!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKDC2iBQTYg

Jeremie

Gretchen said...

Jeremie,
So so funny! Joey and I were saying that last night.
Shake and bake baby!

Jennie Peakin said...

I love that movie! Ha.