Saturday, January 10, 2009

Prep and painting

Today we are prepping the walls for painting. Yesterday I removed some old tile above the sink and the rubber back splash around 2 of the counters. I always despised that stuff. Joey spent most of the morning "evening" out the walls where I removed the stuff and where it needed to be before. Kind of a never ending job since it is hard to even out old plaster. The only solution would be to re plaster or sheetrock the whole room. Call me crazy, but I prefer the "imperfect" look. I will prove it when I post a picture of the wood floor between the dining room and kitchen.
It is full of holes and looks rough, but I think it is beautiful. Strange I know. We are hoping to get at least one coat of paint on today. In a perfect world we would get 2 on and get our appliances back in the kitchen tomorrow. We will see.

We got 7 inches of snow. Hayden keeps asking to go outside, but when I remind him that he needs to wear gloves, he drops it. :) Even though he has been telling me today all of the things you need to wear when it is cold out. I think they just went over that in PDO.

Bev
and Joe were going to watch Hayden today and bring him down tomorrow. Neither of us wanted to drive in all of the snow, so Hayden stayed with us. I was a little nervous having him here because of the possibility of lead paint showing up somewhere, but he has been good at staying out of the kitchen and we haven't had to disturb the old walls to much.

Joey's family is coming here tomorrow to celebrate his dad's birthday. Hopefully they won't mind the mess, or the smaller space we have now with the house in disarray. :)

1 comment:

dawnie85 said...

You guys are busy beavers!!! No snow here in CA. Not even any rain!