Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Shoot

Soooo....
I have been shown more in the past 2 years that I am NOT in control of my life, and everything that I thought was going to happen or planned to happen, has not or not happened to my plan. Make sense? I guess what I am getting at is that I always seem to have things figured out and God shows me how he has it figured out. Which 9 times out of 10 is way different that I thought it should be.
I have also learned that every assumption I had of parenting or every thing I said I would not do or would not say, I have ended up doing or saying.
Which all leads me to this situation yesterday.

Hayden: "Shit"
Me: "We don't say shit, we shay shoot"
Hayden: "I don't say shoot, I say shit"

Ummm yeah.

He didn't say it in a defiant way like "listen here sister, I say s***", it was more a matter of fact thing, like he prefers to say s*** over shoot.

A) I would of never thought my child would talk this way
B) Before children I would of thought "those parents need to get their kid under control"
C) I wondered all day yesterday if it is going downhill from here
D) Is he going to come home from PDO tomorrow smoking a cigarette, tattooed, and flipping me off?

So far I have not heard him repeat the S word.

4 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

Tate says shit too. Ugh. I also never thought I'd laugh when my child said shit. But when he said it, I did. Not in front of him as to condone it, but when he wasn't looking...I laughed. It's awful of me. I have become one of "those moms" that I am sure I spoke poorly of in my past "before child" life. My how things change!

Anonymous said...

From living through 3 kids' toddler stage, I learned long ago that best intentions, etc all goes out the ddor when you are in the situation! Claire has used "damn" a few times, but redirection does work (laughter when she can't hear it is good too!). I'm sure Hayden will turn out just fine! Rachel

sarak said...

That is hilarious! He must hear that from his Daddy! Good one Joey!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say this story made me smile and laugh loud enough to make grandpa ask what was so funny. Don't worry there will be more to come that will make this seem like nothing! Hang in there, you only have about 20 years left to feel responsible for the things he says and does. GMP