A random shot of the floor before..... stay tuned for after pics.
I am actually getting a new kitchen floor. I can't believe it. It all started with me doing research and discovering we could get an updated floor ( peel and stick linoleum) for a reasonable price. Joey surprisingly agreed (I thought it would take a lot of persuasion since he only had a few days left of his extended vacation). We went out and bought the supplies, and John and Darliene came down to help us move the oven, fridge, and help us get the floor put in.
As we moved the stove, there was a patch of linoleum missing and Joey said, "look there is hardwood under here". After some detective work by Darliene and me, there actually was hardwood underneath.
Sooooo... we decided that we should rip up the linoleum and glue. We have done some serious back breaking work tearing up the NASTY linoleum, and steaming/mopping up the old glue, but it will be worth it.
We sanded all day today. Joey rented a big sander and got a lot done. It took almost 4 hours in our small little kitchen with the big sander, which surprised us. We spent the rest of the day on the floor with hand sanders. I did a test spot with the polyurethane, and it looks like we won't have to stain it because it matches the floor in the living room and dining room.
Pics to come......
Then we just need to paint the walls, paint the cabinets, get new lights....... :)
I am actually getting a new kitchen floor. I can't believe it. It all started with me doing research and discovering we could get an updated floor ( peel and stick linoleum) for a reasonable price. Joey surprisingly agreed (I thought it would take a lot of persuasion since he only had a few days left of his extended vacation). We went out and bought the supplies, and John and Darliene came down to help us move the oven, fridge, and help us get the floor put in.
As we moved the stove, there was a patch of linoleum missing and Joey said, "look there is hardwood under here". After some detective work by Darliene and me, there actually was hardwood underneath.
Sooooo... we decided that we should rip up the linoleum and glue. We have done some serious back breaking work tearing up the NASTY linoleum, and steaming/mopping up the old glue, but it will be worth it.
We sanded all day today. Joey rented a big sander and got a lot done. It took almost 4 hours in our small little kitchen with the big sander, which surprised us. We spent the rest of the day on the floor with hand sanders. I did a test spot with the polyurethane, and it looks like we won't have to stain it because it matches the floor in the living room and dining room.
Pics to come......
Then we just need to paint the walls, paint the cabinets, get new lights....... :)
2 comments:
How exciting! I soo want to do our Kitchen floor also. Just trying to weigh the cost/sweat with how long we want to be there. Can't wait to see the pics!
OOhhh! I bet the floor looks awesome. You can come to my house and do my floors sometime:) I have lots of them that need to be done. Cant wait to see pics of the end result!
Sara
Post a Comment