Friday I had our bunko Christmas Party. It was a lot of fun. We had a fantastic dinner and a gift exchange. Then out to celebrate Shawnas birthday. It was a great girls night.
Sunday Joey took his final online and officially finished his class. Now he is class free for a couple of weeks. It will be nice for him to be able to focus on the holidays instead of homework. It will also be nice to spend some time with him and get some things done around the house!!!
Sunday night we were invited over to our neighbors house for a Christmas get together. Nancy had quite a spread! Lots of Spanish and Scandinavian foods. We meet some neighbors down the road and a couple with a son who is 4 months older than Hayden. It was a great time. Hayden was in a great mood and really hammed it up for all of the ladies! He was so tired from all of the socializing that he took a short nap by Nancy's fireplace. We are so blessed to have such a great neighbor.
Today Hayden and I met Mom, Raleigh, JP, and Becky at the Hellers house. Bill and Donna wanted to see Hayden. Then Mom, R, JP, and Becky went out to eat for their Christmas get together and Hayden and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some pictures.
Then it was back to Becky's house to visit some more. We listened to a tape I found from December of 1979. My mom and dad made recordings of when I was little. There were parts of the tape where we shared Christmas with Becky and JP in 1979. That is when I received the famous Kool-aid shirt from Becky. There was also a lot of singing and talking with my dad. It is sooo great to have those memories and share them with Becky and JP now this many years later.
Hayden and I left there and went to Kohls to look for frames. Then we came home, ate supper quick, and I was back out shopping. I haven't bought anything really yet this year and just had a few things to purchase. I took advantage of the "Holiday Hours" and the store as I didn't get home until 10:15.
You can feel Christmas in the air and I am definitely in the Christmas mood. Sure I have been singing Christmas carols since before Thanksgiving but am now focusing on the exciting part of Christmas, spending some quality time with friends and family. Wow I am getting old!!!! Never believed my mom when she would tell me that presents wouldn't be the most exciting part of Christmas as I got older. I am looking forward to focus less on gifts this year and more on the people that we care about.
No comments:
Post a Comment