Thursday, December 28, 2006

Police and Rummikub

Joey got up at 5:00 am to get ready to ride along with his cousin Eric. He is a Kenosha county sheriff. Joey went with Eric from 6-2. They chased a horse, arrested a lady with a warrant, went to a car crash, and pulled over some cars. I am sure they did a lot more but that is all I can remember.
While Joey was gone Hayden and I hung out with Grandma Paricka. She taught me how to play Rummikub and we played quite a few games. Hayden laid on the floor and watched us. Then Great Grandma held him and they watched cartoons and talked to each other.
When Joey got home we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Klinkhammers in Racine. I dropped Joey and Hayden off and then headed over to Joey's cousin Melissa's house a few blocks away. Her son Jordan is having his first birthday party on New Year's Eve so we went to a few stores to get some things she needed for the party.
I headed back to Joey's grandparents house and everyone was over. Uncle Ron and Cathy. Aunt Barbara and David. Joe and Bev. Joey's sister Jen, Matt, Faith and Noah arrived shortly after I did. They were on their way back from Buffalo, NY where they spent Christmas out there with Matt's family. Matt and Jen are expecting their 3rd child sometime this summer!
We ordered pizza and the family exchanged gifts. Joey took a nap because he was going on a ride with his other cousin Kevin (a Racine police officer) from 11pm to 5am. Joey took us back to Grandma Paricka's and Gail and Gabrielle were there visiting Grandma P. Joey left to meet his cousin and the girls stayed up until midnight playing Rummikub.

No comments: